Why is it so hard to move on? Nasaktan ka na because he left you, but you also have to deal with the emptiness that comes after. Days, months, years, a lifetime, you don’t know when the pain will go away.
Daming theories about pain and trauma. One of which is what psychologists refer to as the Five Stages of Grief and Loss (may diagram kami para sa inyo). Lahat daw dumadan sa bawat stage. But of course, we have different ways of dealing heartaches.
Let’s learn more about getting over someone with the help of Noringai’s daily dose of hugot and love advice, the 365 Days of Feels. Hopefully, this guides you in your journey of making your broken self whole again.
- Denial – Sabi nya ‘I don’t love you anymore’, pero ang sagot ko ‘I love you too.’
- Anger – Wag ako!! How can he leave me, eh dyosa ako? Ibalik n'ya lahat, susugurin ko pamilya n'ya kung hindi. Mahal kaya ng relo na binigay ko, ginamit nya lang ako!
- Bargaining – A desperate attempt of fighting for what is left. What dignity? Lulunukin ko nalang yun. “Ako na lang, ako nalang ulit…”
- Depression – Wala na, suko na ako, ang pinakamasakit na part. Feeling ko nobody loves me and I will be #ForeverAlone. Parang pinagkaisahan ako ng sanlibutan, my life is over.
- Acceptance – Okay, the world is not over, that chapter though is over. I accept it as truth, now I can start moving on na. Di kami ang #meanttobe. There is more to life than him. I look around and see the people who loves me, my family and friends. Andyan pa rin sila waiting for me to finally be myself again. Parang it’s time for a makeover?
Congratulations! Nakaya ko, I’ve made it! Manhid na ako sa pain na dahil sa kanya. I feel free, ready to love again! But then again…
Noringai's 365 Days of Feels is now available in all leading book stores nationwide.